I was listening to something yesterday and it struck me in a new way:
The Sabbath was made to benefit people, and not people to benefit the Sabbath
Jesus was talking to the Pharisees here, rebuking them for rebuking the disciples for picking grain on the Sabbath.
The reason it was new to me yesterday was because I usually accept the Sabbath as something that I'm commanded to take. If God needed a day to rest, now much more do I? was what I've always reasoned my day of rest with. But this made God look weak, not strong enough to keep going. God actually set aside the Sabbath as holy because He knew that WE aren't strong enough to keep going. How much love is in that new look?!?! The Sabbath was made for our benefit - because God knows us so well that He knows we NEED to rest. What a wonderful thought - God loves me that much.
1 comment:
Good word!
Post a Comment