So, I understand it’s only been the first day of classes, but it’s completely different being a wife at Bethany Bible College rather than a student. My four years as a student were filled with class hours, homework, and piano/voice practice times, rehearsals for various musical teams, eating, sleeping, and the occasional social outing. (However, most of my social times were spent while traveling for the various ministry teams that I was a part of) I’m having such a hard time adjusting to the reality of my only responsibility for the next four months as being Jason’s wife! I love him, and I love being a wife, but it’s such a downshift from the speeds I was moving at for my college years, and even our time in Michigan!! I never quite realized just how much I was going all of the time, working 40 + hours each week, and trying to keep a clean house at the same time (the latter being quite difficult, and too often only doing a mediocre job). I think the OCD part of me is still itching because our apartment is still in the works. For some reason I want it all done when we had arrived, and this unrealistic expectation keeps kicking me in the shins. However, I have to choose to ignore that little pest, and admit I’m human, and can only accomplish so much in a few days. The apartment is more or less in order now. I still have to put away our clothes. It should be just about finished tomorrow, and I think I’ll rest easy then. Anyway, I’m off to watch my husband kickbutt in hockey!! GO BLAZERS, GO!!!!!
1 comment:
Judy- I totally can relate with everything you said. After all--we were music majors AND we did it in 4 years!! It was insane! But it is different slowing down. I really struggled last year living in an environment that I was totally comfy and knew, but yet I wasn't a student! I sort of was for my ordination classes, but no one looked at me like one. It was a struggle, but during that time I grew way more than when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. God forces us to slow down and change our character. Really we should be doing this our whole lives, but were NYers and that doesn't come naturally to us! But just think of it this way---were in it together!!! HMD
Post a Comment