Tuesday, 18 January 2005

The Day After A Hockey Game

I've noticed this with all sports/athletes: the ending of the game affects the following day. Last week for example, here at Bethany Bible College, the hockey team lost and there seemed to be a sad air on campus. However, last night, the team tied 4-4 and each felt as though they had done well as a team, and so I expect a certain air of celebration. Now, BBC isn't super intense about their athletics program, so the students aren't nearly as emotional as, say, the students, the general population of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and the athletes of the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa; GO, BAMA GO!!! I spent six months down there, and if the college lost a game on a Saturday night the whole city was down and out. I found the most amusing part to be that it also affected a Sunday morning service at the church I interned at!! If they won the service would be packed out, if they lost we would have about half the church filled!!! Now, I love sports, but that's a bit extreme.

I'm glad Jesus loves us anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Jesus's team lost, he'd skip out on Sunday morning too....

Anniversaries!

Birthdays