And now to what I really wanted to post about...
There is someone I've been getting to know a bit better over the last few months, and they just had this revelation that I wanted to share with those who come to read my blog...I have just copied and pasted it...
it's not about mesomething to think about...
so, i just had this revelation! this can sound totally proud and aweful, but just wait:
the pain in my life is not about me.
the burdens i choose to bear are not all my own.
i choose to bear the burdens of those that are closest to my heart, because i love them so much
the pain i allow to be inflicted upon me is because of issues and burdens gathered years ago by other people!
it's not about me!!
the pain i feel, the ache deep inside me, the wounds i choose to accept are not caused by me. -how freeing-
but then, not so freeing-
if they are not caused by me, then the people i accept these pains and burdens from are bearing the load hundreds of times more...and what i experience is only a splattering overflow that has accidentally escaped from their heart which they have tried so hard to keep calm and controlled - for probably too long
well now my heart breaks for these people...
i want to make it better, to take their hurt away, to heal their wounds...but that's not mine to do either.
and if it's not mine to heal them then whose it is? is it God's? i think it is.
but if it's God's then why hasn't he done anything about it yet? why does he allow these people to continue in their misery? because God created us each with the capability to make our own choices...to choose our own way...to choose to hold on to the things that have hurt us in the past...to choose to let them go and live...that's huge!!!
so, why do we choose to soak in our misery?
2 comments:
Wow! It certainly is something to ponder...
I really enjoyed reading what your friend had written....on a lighter note I am soo excited about snow! I cannot wait to get home for Christmas to see it!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment